Saturday, March 21, 2009

New Team Member at Chill



Chill Massage Therapy in West Seattle, Is pleased to welcome Heather Glen LMP as our newest team member. Heather has over 9 years of experience as an Licensed Massage Therapist. She is a strong therapist who enjoys providing Deep Tissue and deep Swedish Massage as well as more esoteric forms of body work. Her well rounded educational background means she can meet every client where they are, and assist them, to where they want to be. Heather offers a great overall massage experience and pregnancy massage for expectant mothers. She can also provide, a unique aromatherapy experience using the Raindrop Aromatherapy method, (you'll feel basted like thanksgiving stuffing when she finishes working these herbaceous blends into you feet and spine!), or deep subtle work in the form of Cranial Sacral. Read on to find out more about Heather Glen's offerings or simply click the title above to Book an Appointment Online Now!

Raindrop Aromatherapy - This technique involves dropping essential oils onto the spine and working them in using light finger strokes. Raindrop Therapy stimulates energy impulses along the nervous system and throughout the whole body.

Cranial Sacral Therapy -
Cranial Sacral Therapy (CST) is a light touch, hands on therapy that focuses on bringing the Cranial Sacral System (CSS)into balance. It uses the wave like rhythm created by the filling and emptying movement of cranial fluid to help the practitioner feel and free holding patterns. This technique can provide profound relief for clients whose problems might not easily release with more direct muscle focused massage techniques. It is also simply one of the most relaxing body work modalities out there. Give it a try you'll be glad you did.


Qualifications:

Graduated from Brenneke School of Massage 2000
Completed the Labor Support Course at the Seattle Midwifery School
Certified for Pregnancy Massage and Labor Support by Kate Jordan's course "Bodywork for the Childbearing Year"®
Member of and insured by the American Massage Therapy Association
Certified by both State and National Certification Boards for Massage Therapy and Bodywork


Update: Yesterday I was lucky enough to find time in the schedule to get in for a massage with Heather Glen our new LMP (Licensed Massage Practitioner). I have to say, don't you all just love those heating pads we use. I'm always a little surprised by just how hot they get even through the blankets. (So please do let us know if it ever gets too hot - it's OK to pipe up), but anyway I digress. What I wanted to talk about was cranial sacral therapy. Generally when I have CS it has been still point activation - where the practitioner holds points at the base of the skull until you feel like you are floating. But what Heather did was pretty unique. She was finishing up working on my left leg when I mentioned I had sprained it back at the end of January and it was still a bit enlarged. She asked if she could try some CS on it. Of course, always one to try anything that might help, I said sure. And so she began gently palpating and holding my ankle. It didn't take long before I could feel subtle shifting in the layers of tissue and her hands got really hot (not a prerequisite for CS but fun to notice), It's a subtle sensation but very enjoyable if you can just breath and go with it. There is pain but not sharp pain, again if you just breath..... At any rate it was a great session and left me ready for hill repeats at track practice last night with no problems from my ankle. Thanks Heather, If you would like to book an appointment with our new massage practitioner Heather Glen just click on the link above to Book online. Or give us a call, she is available Tuesdays and Fridays 2-7 And every other Sunday 9am - 1pm 206-724-9555


Update Here's what they've been saying about Heather Glen LMP since March:

"Heather was wonderful...I can also say hands down that Heather gives the best foot massage that I have ever had. I will recommend my nurse friends to her when they start whining about their sore feet. Sincerely One Satisfied Customer."
Shelley


"Heather was absolutely fantastic. That was my first time having Cranial Sacral therapy. I wasn't sure I would like it or feel benefit from it but was pleasantly surprised. (I)Don't think I have ever remained that stil for an hour in my entire life! It was awesome overall..the whole experience was great. I will be back.Thanks!"
Carol


"I had a wonderful massage with Heather. I was super impressed with how strong she was....it was a great experience and I hope to get a massage there in the future."
Mari

No comments: